Built St. Louis > > Central Corridor > > Washington Avenue
1501 Washington Avenue
Windows on Washington
Originally: Roberts, Johnson and Rand Shoe Company
Architect: Theodore C. Link, 1910
Originally built as the Roberts Shoe Company (whose later name is engraved on the building's eastern face), this building was long home to the International Shoe Company, whose name appears above the Washington Avenue entrance. Today it's known as Windows on Washington, and offers banquet space on its top floor with spectacular views of the city. Its annexes to the rear hold the City Museum.
The building's design owes much to the Wainwright; however, the street entry -- the product of a 1930s remodelling -- is pure Art Deco.
Windows on Washington web site
< < West || East > >