Built St. Louis > > Central Corridor > > Washington Avenue
November 2008 - a vacant lot
1402, 1404 Washington
Architect: F.M. Levy, 1915
Slathered in unbecoming stucco, these two buildings were long tattered around the edges. Though home to several small businesses, they were demolished in 2007 to make way for a high-rise project called the Skyhouse. Skyhouse fell victim to the slowing economy, however, and the site remains vacant as of early 2009.
Blink of an Eye - a reflection from the day of the buildings' demolition, at Ecology of Absence.