Built St. Louis > > Central Corridor > > Washington Avenue
March 2001. Downtown Imprints is the main tenant, with signs announcing Advertising Specials and Custom Screen Printing. The smaller storefront is home to "Gateway Visitor Values".
July 2002. The cladding is gone and so are the tenants. Streetscape improvements are underway.
May 2003. Streetscape completed. The lone tenant is Farrago, a pub/video/book store at 1212 Washington.
November 2008. The building now has three storefront spaces. Allen's Bakery has not yet opened; the center bay remains empty. Farrago closed in 2005; the space is home to Hair of the Dog pub.
1210 Washington Avenue
Architect: J.T. Craven Engineering Company, 1925
Like many others, this two-story commercial building was "modernized" at street level. Unlike many others, however, the "modernization" didn't look at all that bad. Nevertheless it was removed in a 2002 remodeling.