Built St. Louis > > Midtown > > SLU

In addition to the traditional campus buildings, two significant private residences in the Romanesque style survive on the campus. The first (and lesser known) is Queen's Daughters Hall, home to the university's law school. The building's name refers to the charitable organization that owned it for many years, a Catholic organization which began in St. Louis in 1892. The mansion was originally built in 1890 as the Euston house.

More well known is the Samuel Cupples mansion, one of the best-preserved historic homes in the city. The 1890 house belonged to the same Cupples who gave his name to the warehouse complex downtown.


Image courtesy of Kevin Kieffer.

Tour map || Continue touring > > > Tour map || Continue touring > > > l>