Built St. Louis > > Midtown > > St. Louis Club
Built in 1899 for the St. Louis Club, this French Renaissance building has seen a series of
owners and occupants including the regional offices of Woolworth's, rental office space, classrooms,
and most recently the St. Louis University art museum.
In its current capacity it is open to the public. The interior is of modest interest;
the original was destroyed in a 1925 fire. Since the 1920s, it has been surrounded by its two far more
massive neighbors -- but its decorative exhuberance allows it to stand alongside them as an equal.
Image courtesy of Kevin Kieffer.
Tour map || Continue touring > > >