Built St. Louis > > Historic City Churches > > Second Presbyterian Church
2nd Presbyterian Church
Located in the Central West End, 2nd Presbyterian was designed in 1900 by Theodore Link,
in the same Romanesque style he used
when designing St. Louis's Union Station. A chapel portion was designed by Shepley Rutland and Coolidge, the
successor firm to H.H. Richardson; Link's follow-up design for the sanctuary bears relation to Richardson's famed Trinity Church in Boston
in both plan and styling. The interior has been remodeled several times and today is a fairly simple, unadorned space. Stained glass
windows by Tiffany remains in place.
The adjacent school wing went up in 1931. The complex still serves its original congregation.
Next church > >