Built St. Louis > > Historic Churches > > Church of St. George and St. Michael
The Church of St. Michael and St. George
Architect: James P. Jamieson, 1912
Stained Glass: Emil Frei Stained Glass; Charles J. Connick
St. Michael and St. George Church is designed the same Tudor Gothic style as the nearby campus of Washington University, and clad in the same Missouri pink granite. The similarity is not coincidental; the church was designed by James P. Jamieson, who worked for the original campus architects, Cope & Stewardson. Jamieson became the chief campus architect after both the firm's principals passed away, and designed the second generation of campus buildings, continuing into the 1940s.
The many windows of this church were filled in over the decades by a variety of artists, executed both by the Frei studio and by Charles J. Connick Associates, a Boston firm.
See a complete gallery of the Emil Frei stained glass on the Emil Frei tour.
Continue Touring > > >